Hyperolius platyceps (Boulenger, 1900)
Original Published Description:
Benito River Reed Frog (English), Angola Reed Frog (English)
The type specimen measures 29 mm from snout to vent (Boulenger, 1900).
Head is rather large, as long as broad and much depressed. Snout is rounded; loreal region is oblique. Interorbital space is broader than the upper eyelid. Tympanum is hidden. Outer fingers are one-fourth webbed. Toes are two-thirds webbed; disks rather large. The tibio-tarsal articulation reaches the eye. Skin is smooth, faintly areolate on the belly (Boulenger, 1900).
Dorsum is pale brownish with a large blackish-brown marking with indentations extending from between the eyes to the sacral region. Sides of head, body and upper surface of legs are blackish brown. A whitish spot is present on the leg above the tibio-tarsal articulation. Upper surface of the thigh are whitish, with a narrow dark brown streak. Venter is white (Boulenger, 1900).
- Rappia platyceps Boulenger, 1900 (synonym)
- Rappia platyceps var. angolensis Ferreira, 1906 (synonym)
- Rappia pleurotaenia Boulenger, 1906 (synonym)
- Hyperolius pleurotaenius — Noble, 1924 (synonym)
- Hyperolius platyceps — Noble, 1924 (synonym)
- Hyperolius angolanus Ahl, 1931 (synonym)
- Megalixalus platyceps — Loveridge, 1938 (synonym)
- Hyperolius platyceps platyceps — Laurent, 1943 (synonym)
- Hyperolius platyceps lomamiensis Laurent, 1943 (synonym)
- Hyperolius platyceps lombaris Laurent, 1951 (synonym)
- Hyperolius platyceps olbrechtsi Laurent, 1952 (synonym)
- Hyperolius platyceps angolanus — Laurent, 1954 (synonym)
- Hyperolius platyceps pleurotaenia — Perret, 1966 (synonym)